WHAT WOULD YOUR HOME SAY TO YOU……IF IT COULD TALK?
When I thought of this question, I knew it was something to share. What would your home say to you…..if it could talk?
It’s talking to you right now, and you’re not listening. We all know houses don’t talk, but they sure give off lots of hints. Maybe, they’re hints we give ourselves.
I’m taking some liberties here and using my imagination to address this issue. I believe it’s a fun question that may involve some straight answers. What would you say if you had to answer this question aloud? Fortunately, you will not have to do that. All you’ll have to do is think about it seriously to know how to alleviate any decorating and organizing issues facing you in your home.
Here are some of the things I think anyone’s home might say to them…..if it could talk.
- I have been feeling pretty neglected for awhile now.
- I hear you say some not so nice things about the way I look.
- I’ve noticed you’re gone a lot, working so hard, and what about all the extra things that must get done in one day? You’re not too happy when you come home, and you definitely do not have time for me.
- You don’t invite friends over to enjoy me anymore. I used to get so many compliments. Now, hmmm…very little.
- My style and décor seems outdated, plus I am a little bit frazzled due to the disorganization.
- You have so many things tucked into my space. I recognize there’s no room for people to really walk or move around. It seems very cluttered; sometime claustrophobic.
- What did I do to make you not like me anymore?
- Would it be fair to tell you how much I’d appreciate looking more stylish?
- I would love to try a new color on my exterior and/or interior walls, maybe even a better looking floor and possibly some new furniture and accessories. I heard you talking about a more modern kitchen and/or bath that would show me off. Sometimes, I get annoyed when you are in the bath with the old lighting, not so great looking shower, and by the way, please keep your clothes on. You’re not as young as you used to be, you know. I know, I know I probably will get nothing now for that remark. Anyway, I am seeking rooms that are bright, cherry and inviting.
I would really stand out and be noticed if my walls could have beautiful colors and décor on them. I can imagine people saying how beautiful I am. I would feel so good, not to mention how happy it would be to see you smile. Then, you’d pay me lots of attention.
This is just a few of my thoughts. I could go on and on. Now, I understand you are very busy. Believe me, I hear all the conversations. There are the many hours at work, running the children to their various school activities, evening meetings, weekend activities with family/friends. There are rare moments when you have a little time to pay me some attention and then it’s pretty sad for me to hear the things you say.
I am asking you to please FIX ME. You have talked about hiring an interior decorator to spruce me up and make me feel like singing (if I could). I’ve heard talk about a company that focuses on homes like me who feel so neglected. They call themselves Accentuate Home Styling and Consulting. They can make me clean, stand out and be noticed, and yes, they will work diligently and help you set up time and a budget. You probably feel like you cannot afford them. They will help you figure all that out.
Oh, I can’t wait! I’m getting carried away just thinking how different I would look and feel. I would say words like uplifting, sophisticated, glamorous and organized. Wow, just the sound of such words would show the sun beaming in on me more brightly, the brilliance of the new paint, my new flooring and not to mention the cool look of the room with the ‘just right’ furniture and décor. Thank you, my lady for taking the time to read what I am feeling. I know everything will be fine now, and what I have to say from that point on will be something that not just you should hear, but it shall be a look that I will display for all to see. I can expect lots of people to come and see me. It’ll be like old times. I will be so well dressed. If only I could talk, things could be different. I can only hope that once you’ve read this, you will at least ask. My Lady of the house, help me feel better, and I know you be happy for me too. Thank you. I love you My Lady of the house and look forward to seeing everyone who lives within my walls come home each night.
Now, you know what I would say to you, if I could really talk. All I can hope for is you will see how sad I am with my bland walls, stuff all over my rooms and nothing inviting for you to truly enjoy when you arrive home. Help me feel better, so you can feel better. Thank you, and I love you.
Note: This is how creative the mind is. When you think beyond just a wall, a floor, a room, there is so much more to discover. Today, your home is wishing for something new and different. It’s all about creativity. Hope to hear from you soon. Accentuate Home Styling and Consulting – 469-261-0675. Our website is: http://www.accentuatehomestyling.com. From there you can reach us on Facebook and Twitter. Allow your imagination to open up and expand your home into a magnificent place of peace, joy and inspiration. Rita